Last modified: 08/2019
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us when you use our Service or website and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. Please note that if you are selected to be an interviewee with us, you may be required to submit and/or execute further documents and agreements giving us permission to collect and use your personal information in certain ways. In that case, our collection and use of your personal information will be governed by such documents and agreements.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Information we collect about you when you visit our website or use our Service can be: (i) Personal Information; or (ii) Anonymous Information. “Personal Information” is any information that could reasonably be used to identify you, and “Anonymous Information” is information that cannot be used to identify you personally such as statistical information concerning, for example, the time spent on a particular page of our website.
We may collect Personal Information about you in the ways described below. Please note that if you do not provide certain Personal Information to us when requested, you may not be able to register or use our Service if that information is necessary for that purpose or if we are legally required to collect that information.
Information You Provide to Us as a Registered User
When you register to become a user of our Service, you will need to provide Personal Information, which includes for example, your: (i) first and last names; (ii) e-mail address; (iii) age or date of birth; (iv) company or employer name; (v) job title; (vi) school name; (vii) field of study; or (viii) geographic location.
You may also provide us with Personal Information other ways such as when you send us an e-mail, post any content on our website, submit information or answers through comment forms on our website, or send messages to other users on our website.
Information You Provide to Us as an Interviewee
In the event you decide to be featured as an interviewee on our website or other content we publish or distribute regarding your professional career, please note that you may also be required to submit additional information to us for that purpose and agree to additional terms, namely, a Worksheet regarding your job and professional activities and a License and Release so that we may use information about you, including but not limited to, your name, likeness, or image, in the content we publish about you on our website or distribute through other means.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
In addition to information you provide to us on your own, as you navigate through our website and Service, we may use automatic data collection technologies, such as cookies, to collect certain information about your interaction with our Service, which in large part will be Anonymous Information such as: (i) details of your visits to our website such as traffic data, click stream data and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Service; and (ii) information about your computing device (e.g., desktop or mobile), operating system, and browser type.
Please note however that while the vast majority of information we automatically collect will be Anonymous Information such as statistical data, we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect or receive from third parties. This helps us to improve our Service and website and to deliver a more personalized service to our users by allowing us to, for example: (a) store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to a user’s individual interests; (b) reduce fraudulent activities; (c) recognize a user when they return to our website; or (d) identify your location or IP address for purposes of calculating shipping costs or taxes.
To learn more about the automatic data collection technologies we may use, please review the section below entitled “Our Cookies Policy.”
Our Cookies Policy
Opting-Out and Managing Cookies: When you visit our website or use our Service through a web browser, you can change the settings in your browser to alter the cookie preferences, including not accepting cookies. We have provided links below to further information on how to manage cookies depending on the browser you use.
Microsoft Internet Explorer:
Mobile Devices: If you access our website or Service through a mobile device or our mobile application, you can learn more about changing your cookie preferences by visiting the following link corresponding to your mobile operating system:
You can also choose to opt-out of Google Analytics if you wish. To learn more about this, you may visit the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We use the automatic data tracking technologies discussed above for the following purposes: (a) to present our website and its contents to you; (b) to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us; (c) to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; (d) to provide you with notices about your registration to our Service; (e) to carry out our obligations and enforce any rights arising from any contracts entered into on our website, including for billing and collection; (f) to notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide though it; (g) to allow you to participate in interactive features on our website; (h) in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; (i) for any other purpose with your consent; (j) we may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you; and (k) we may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences.
How We Use Information We Collect
We use information we collect about you or that you provide to us, including Personal Information:
- To present our website and its contents to you;
- To market products and services to visitors;
- To analyze data to send more targeted messages to visitors;
- To conduct research and analyze data to improve our website, products, and Service;
- To enable vendors and contractors to assist us with marketing, operation, troubleshooting and analysis of our website;
- To fulfill product and Service requests;
- To deliver email messages like special offers, updates, newsletters, customer service, and Services announcements;
- To recommend new content or other goods or services that may be of interest to you;
- To verify your identity and process transactions you participate in, including allowing us to process payments;
- To respond to your inquiries, and send you transaction-related emails or service notifications;
- To provide you with notices about your account or registration;
- To protect our website and Service, including protecting your and other users’ accounts;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information to us including any way we describe when you provide the information to us or for any other purpose with your consent.
We or our service providers also may use certain technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). If you would like to find out how you can opt-out of behavioral tracking on our website, you can visit one of the below links:
- The Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) opt-out program (currently available at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/) or the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) opt-out program (currently available at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/).
How We May Disclose Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we may use to support our business, such as for purposes of servicing or troubleshooting our website, and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To third parties to analyze data for marketing purposes or assist us with our marketing efforts or customer relationship management needs such as, for example, MailChimp (https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/) or HubSpot (https://legal.hubspot.com/product-privacy-policy);
- To third parties to send marketing communications and to serve advertisements on our website;
- To third parties or service providers in order to verify your identity and to facilitate payment processing;
- To a buyer or other successor-in-interest to our Company in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about the users of our website and Service is among the assets transferred;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory requests;
- If in our reasonable judgment we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our Company, our employees or customers, or others, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, or for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We aim to provide you with choices regarding your Personal Information that you provide to us. Toward that end, we have implemented certain features to provide you with control over your information, namely:
Account Information: You will be permitted to access your account (with an established user name and password) in order to change information you have provided in your account or even delete your account.
Self-Published Material: If you wish to delete any information you have published on our website, please send an email to email@example.com. Please also include in your email some way for us to identify the information you are referring to (e.g., URL) and the reasons why you would like to have the particular information deleted or removed from our website.
Opting-Out of Certain Communications: We may on occasion send you marketing or promotional emails about our products and services or those of a third-party. If you choose not to receive such emails from us, you can unsubscribe by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by following the “unsubscribe” instructions included in the emails. Please note however that you will not be permitted to opt–out of any communications we are required by law to send to you, other related notices concerning your use of our website or Service such as emails notifying you of changes to the same, or transaction-based emails such as emails confirming your purchases of goods or services.
Deleting or Changing Your Information: In addition to the above, upon your request by contacting us at email@example.com, we will take reasonable steps to delete or change any Personal Information you request to be removed or changed from our records or database. Please note however that it might be impossible for us to remove or change this information completely because of data backups and records of deletions. We may also not accommodate a request to delete or change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. If you request deletion or change of your information, you may be unable to use certain features of our Service. Certain Personal Information may remain in our databases following the deletion of your account. You may not remove de-identified, anonymous, or aggregate data from our databases.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with our Service. If you no longer want to use our Service, you may close your account. However, after closing your account, we may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We use measures intended to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Toward that end, all information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. In addition, your Personal Information may be stored by third parties who provide services to us, which third parties will be required to maintain such information securely. Any payment transactions will be encrypted and provided by third parties such as PayPal and Stripe. We encourage you to visit our payment processors’ privacy policies as well at https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full for PayPal and https://stripe.com/privacy for Stripe.
Please note that the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Because our website and Service requires registered users to provide unique identifies such as their user ID and password, you are responsible for keeping such user ID and password information confidential. You should not therefore share user ID or password information with anyone. To the extent our website or Service permits you to post information in public areas (e.g., message boards), we urge you to be careful about giving out such information in such public areas. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by other users of our website or Service. You should also avoid sharing computers or devices that you use to access our Service and be sure to log off the Service when you are not using it.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure at all times. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of such personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of such information is therefore at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our website.
Really Simple SSL
Transfer of Your Information
Since we are located in the United States of America, your Personal Information will be collected and processed in the United States, which has its own privacy laws regarding data protection. Please note that the laws and regulations in the United States regarding protection of your Personal Information may not be the same as those in the country where you live. Therefore, if you do not wish for your Personal Information to be collected and processed in the United States, your only choice is to not visit our website or use our Service.